Best practice for releasing Perl modules to staging and live

Richard Huxton dev at
Mon May 18 17:13:40 BST 2009

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 04:16:29PM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
>> This is the bit that interests me. How do you find out...
>> 1. What modules do I need to install/upgrade to install module M version  V?
>> 2. Given my currently installed set of modules, what is the latest
>> version of module M that I can install?
> Suggestions for a Helpful Thing to add to
> gratefully accepted.

Ah - that's the sort of thing I was looking for. Between and I should be able to
figure out what the situation is.

I'm still can't see specific version numbers though. For example, If I
search for "MooseX::Declare" on I can see that item
20 is "MooseX::Types::Moose". What isn't obvious (to me, anyway) is what
version of MooseX::Types::Moose was tested successfully with any
particular version of MooseX::Declare.

   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd