Big Geek Day Out: Bletchley Park 18th July

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:58:29 BST 2009

On 25 Jun 2009, at 10:42, David Cantrell wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:10:43PM +0100, Martin Robertson wrote:
>
>> anyone else find it funny to mention 'plain old water' on a london
>> list? :)
>
> Aside from the dissolved calcium carbonate, London's water is a lot
> plainer than you get in many other places in this country.  I was in
> Barmouth (West Wales, look you boyo) at the weekend and the water was
> undrinkable.
>
> The lovely countryside made up for it though.

Once the chlorine has blown off, London water is fine. I'm not sure how
mixed up the water gets now. In the old days it depended where the water
originated from: the Chilterns, the Downs or whatever.

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620
Blog: http://davehodg.blogspot.com
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davehodg