Managed hosting suppliers?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jul 1 17:45:28 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:03:38AM -0500, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I'm pretty close to pulling all my business from Bytemark - their
> customer service & general reliability (broken kernels ffs) seem to be
> deteriorating over the last year.

Broken kernels?  I've not noticed any problems apart from the recent
network outage.

But FWIW, the other company I use for hosting is hetzner.de.  I rent a
machine there which I'm slicing and dicing using Xen to run things like
cpandeps, cpXXXan, and so on.  LOTS of hardware, a VERY fast network
connection, for not many Euros, but my German isn't quite good enough
for me to trust them with things like my email server.  Because shit
happens I want to be able to speak fluently with whoever's fixing it.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

  Irregular English:
    you have anecdotes; they have data; I have proof