Managed hosting suppliers?

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:16:31 BST 2009

On 1 Jul 2009, at 17:03, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I'm pretty close to pulling all my business from Bytemark - their
> customer service & general reliability (broken kernels ffs) seem to be
> deteriorating over the last year.
>
> Any recommendations? I'm after a VM & a managed box (Debian; 1GB & 2GB
> RAM respectively; RAID1 would cover the basics). I generally got the
> impression Bytemark was at the upper end of commodity pricing so I
> wouldn't particularly be looking to pay more than them unless there
> was some compelling reason.
>
> Paul

I had wanted a VPS with bitfolk but they're full and not taking new
customers. As a result, I'm a happy slicehost customer. They're a
little expensive but I've got no complaints. Even their networking is
good, they're in Rackspace St. Louis. Of course if your server must be
in London, they're out.

Cheers,
--James