Gnome makes me want to strangle kittens

David Cantrell david at
Wed Jul 8 10:22:16 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 06:27:44PM +0100, James Laver wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2009, at 17:54, David Cantrell wrote:
> >How does one de-Gnomeify a Ubuntu box?  Its spectacularly broken
> >focus-follows-mouse and hideously ugly window mangler and "panels"
> >Just Have To Go.
> I believe you can aptitude install xyz-desktop && aptitude purge
> ubuntu-desktop, where xyz is one of the supported desktop names
> contorted aroudnd the word 'ubuntu'.
> 'kubuntu', 'xubuntu' will work, if the process works at all..

xubuntu-desktop appears to be all Gnomey too, and only supports one

Ah yes, Linux: definitely ready for the desktop

PLEASE NOTE: This message was meant to offend everyone equally,
regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, politics, choice
of beer, operating system, mode of transport, or their editor.