Straight Jackets and Video Cameras

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jul 31 11:30:44 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 08:26:30AM -0700, Ovid wrote:

> Java (in straight jacket): I'm Java
> Perl: I'm Perl.
> Java: I can be trusted. I can't poke myself in the eye.
> Perl: (shakes his/her head and walks off)
> Java: Hey, come back! I need someone to scratch my nose!

J: I'm Java, I'm supported by most major software vendors, who provide
glossy brochures, documentation and consultancy to help you use me to
enterprisificatorize your business "

P: Bugger

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
    -- attributed by Plato to Socrates