Cheap perl e-books

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Fri Aug 28 01:16:31 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Kieren Diment<diment at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/08/2009, at 9:48 AM, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
>> most importantly that will allow me to read it a hell
>> of a lot faster than paper.
>
> How does a decent ereader make reading speed quicker?

I don't know but it does, for me. I can practically inhale PDFs on screen too.

My first bit of OS X/Cocoa coding (in 2000!) I read two or three Apple
PDFs in a couple of days and later realised I'd caned about 500 pages
of technical material, something i would never, ever be able to do
with paper based.

I basically don't buy books any more if there's an ebook option.