Cheap perl e-books

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 08:03:32 BST 2009

On 28 Aug 2009, at 00:48, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> The Kindle is one amazing piece of kit; I for one can't wait for it to
> appear here. And yeah, I don't give a flying f- about Amazon tracking
> my reading habits or accidentally deleting titles.

How about limits on the number of times you can download books?
Rebuying books you've paid for hardly seems fair. Not to mention they
don't actually tell you what the download limit is in advance.

http://www.geardiary.com/2009/06/19/kindles-drm-rears-its-ugly-head-and-it-is-ugly/

That said, someone hacked the kindle so you could put non-amazon books
on it. It involves DRMing regular ebooks.

http://igorsk.blogspot.com/2007/12/mobipocket-books-on-kindle.html

--James