The Genius of the Perl Programming Language (and a plug for the Perl sub-reddit)

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Sun Sep 20 13:18:51 BST 2009

This just in from the Department of Preaching to the Choir:

   http://aplawrence.com/Girish/perl-cpan.html

 > Python and lua are excellent languages too and I am sure that Python is
 > much better than perl in many many respects but there is one key difference.
 >
 > The difference is CPAN.
 > [...]
 > There is no CPAN in any language other than perl

Pats on the back all round.

And a tip of the hat to singingfish42 who posted it to Reddit here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/perl/comments/9ma94/

For those who don't already know, we have a reasonably active Perl
sub-reddit which throws up all sorts of interesting links to articles
about Perl.

   http://www.reddit.com/r/perl/

Self-promotion is actively encouraged, so please feel free to submit links
to your own Perl blogs or those of your Perly chums.