Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Wed Oct 21 13:45:19 BST 2009

2009/10/21 Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com>

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:37 AM, gbjk <gbjk at thermeon.com> wrote:
> > I've been looking for a datahand pro II.
> > http://www.datahand.com/products/proii.htm
>
> I don't have one of those but I do have a Kinesis Advantage,
> http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/advantage.htm

I have one of these at work, the keys mapped to your thumb alone (esc as I'm
a vim user from time to time, but also delete and return) is worth it.

Took about a week of feeling like I couldn't type at all, then a week at
half speed, then back to full speed after that, and I can happily switch to
'normal' keyboards and back again as the layout is mostly the same. If you
do get one make sure to follow the manual to help with muscle memory, that
made a bigger difference than I thought it would.

Leo