Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:55:15 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
> I could cope with Vim having most command keys in different places; it's
> only h, j, k, l that are problematic, because of their use as cursor
> keys, in a single block on the home row.  From what I understand Emacs
> doesn't do that, so might be less disrupted by keys being moved around.

Well, ctrl-n, ctrl-p for next and previous line and ctrl-f, ctrl-b for
next and previous character. If you're using the arrow keys you don't
suffer (but you fail for being insufficiently lazy about moving your
hands) but considering how much you use them, your hands are reluctant
to change.

> (Also: I was joking.)

Yes, that wasn't lost on me, but I thought it worth mentioning.

--James