He'brew

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 23 11:19:47 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 09:16:41AM +0100, James Laver wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Ovid <publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Since we're on topic, discussing beer, does anyone know where in
> > London I can acquire He'brew, the Chosen Beer?
> I had the chosen beer last night. It was full of biscuity malt
> flavours (really very rich and full of them) with just a hint of fruit
> on the edge.

This was at The Rake, near Borough Market.

The beer was very good, with a suitably tacky type-face for the gimicky
logo.  However, I'm not sure I'd want to drink a whole bottle of it.
It's quite strong, almost a barley wine, and while it is very tasty, I
wonder if it might be a bit one-dimensional.  The biscuit malt was
*really* strong, and I didn't get much else from it.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

EINE KIRCHE! EIN KREDO! EIN PAPST!