domain registrars

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 15:41:07 BST 2009

On 24 Oct 2009, at 14:57, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
[...]
> I've used joker.com since forever, only have good things to say
> about them. Not sure about an API, though.

Joker was just about adequate when I was with them. The support
department is completely devoid of clue, but fortunately the web
interface is powerful enough that you won't have to deal with those
cretins. I mainly picked them because I'd heard of them, and not
through a horror story.

I left when they insisted on VBV for payment, which is a deal-breaker
for me. That my domains seemed to magically re-lock themselves when I
was trying to transfer them away pretty much confirmed that I had
taken the right decision.

Namecheap didn't insist on VBV, so they got my custom instead.