Effective adveristing

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu Nov 5 06:37:24 GMT 2009

On 04/11/09 22:36, Dermot wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Ovid<publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com>:
>
>> Assuming Dave did pay for this, I'm quite curious to know how effective it is.
>
> I think there is also a cost for each click it gets so when he gets
> his bill, he can tell us how many clicks it got.

Google Adwords is pretty cheap. And you can limit the amount you spend
per day. I've put a limit of £2/day, but I'm not getting anywhere near that.

The campaign has been running for about ten days. I've had 23,000
impressions and nine click-throughs. That's a CTR of 0.04%. So far it's
cost me £2.41.

No idea how many of the clicks actually signed up for the course though.

This is the first time I've done something like this. It's been an
interesting experiment. If you're interested, I'm happy to report back
again when the campaign is over.

Cheers,

Dave...