Twitter modules

Dominic Thoreau dominic.thoreau at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:54:08 GMT 2009

2009/11/10 Andrew Black <andrew-perl08 at mail.black1.org.uk>:
> I would like to be able to make twitter updates from either Perl program
> or from shell.  CPAN has a very large number of modules with Twitter in
> their subject.
> >From a cursorly glance Net::Twitter::Lite or Net::Twitter look
> plausabl. Does anyone have an experience that would suggest I look
> elsewhere.

On the contrary, my experience is that Net::Twitter::Lite is *very* easy to use.

my $twitter = Net::Twitter::Lite->new;
$twitter->credentials($user, $password);
$twitter->update($stringForStatus);

Admittedly this will show it as being tweeted by "Perl Net::Twitter",
but the OAuth stuff to register an application looks quite
straightforward.

--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.