Twitter modules

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 14:59:59 GMT 2009

On 11/10/2009 02:37 PM, Andrew Black wrote:
> I would like to be able to make twitter updates from either Perl program
> or from shell.  CPAN has a very large number of modules with Twitter in
> their subject.
> From a cursorly glance Net::Twitter::Lite or Net::Twitter look
> plausabl. Does anyone have an experience that would suggest I look
> elsewhere.

Net::Twitter will do all that you want, with lots of Moosey goodness.
Net::Twitter::Lite is the old version of Net::Twitter from before it was
Moosed. I don't know to what extent the author is keeping ::Lite up to
date with changes in the Twitter API. I recommend Net::Twitter[1].

If you just want a command line Twitter client, then take a look at
App::Maisha - http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Maisha/

Cheers,

Dave...

[1] I use it here - http://github.com/davorg/localtwits which is used,