Help me become a Londoner!
dakkar at thenautilus.net
Thu Nov 19 11:20:34 GMT 2009
I'll be starting a job (permanent position) in London at the beginning
of January. I have until then to:
- find an apartment (renting, I think)
- open a bank account
- set up all utilities, and an ADSL
- move some of my stuff from Pisa
Now, since I know very little about how these things are done in the
UK, I turn to the collective wisdom of london.pm for help. I will be
in London (staying at a friend's) during most of December.
Some questions I have:
- can anyone recommend some agencies (or other methods) to search for
- which areas should I be looking around, for a largish (60m²)
apartment for under £800/month, within a half-hour commute (by
train?) to the centre?
- is there a no-interest, no-fees, everything-on-the-web bank that can
be trusted (at least a bit :) ) with my money?
- anything else a foreigner really ought to know?
Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>
GPG public key fingerprint = A071 E618 DD2C 5901 9574
6FE2 40EA 9883 7519 3F88
key id = 0x75193F88
I develop for Linux for a living, I used to develop for DOS.
Going from DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.
(By entropy at world.std.com, Lawrence Foard)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm/attachments/20091119/1876478c/signature.pgp
More information about the london.pm