Help me become a Londoner!

Avi Greenbury avismailinglistaccount at
Thu Nov 19 12:06:15 GMT 2009

Gianni Ceccarelli <dakkar at> wrote:
> - can anyone recommend some agencies (or other methods) to search for
>   the apartment?

I've had trouble with Black Katz in the past, and have heard similarly
bad stories from others.
Though, that said, estate agents are almost by definition unpleasant
people to have to deal with, you're not likely to find any that're
particularly nice.

> - which areas should I be looking around, for a largish (60m²)
>   apartment for under £800/month, within a half-hour commute (by
>   train?) to the centre?

Er, south? That's nice and cheap. Well, it's cheap.

North London I'm not sure you'll manage that in, though I've never been
in the market for anywhere particularly nice or big. But small and
dingy can be had for £800+ a month...

Avi Greenbury ;)