Help me become a Londoner!

Dominic Thoreau dominic at
Thu Nov 19 12:20:13 GMT 2009

2009/11/19 Avi Greenbury <avismailinglistaccount at>:
> Gianni Ceccarelli <dakkar at> wrote:
>> - which areas should I be looking around, for a largish (60m²)
>>   apartment for under £800/month, within a half-hour commute (by
>>   train?) to the centre?
> Er, south? That's nice and cheap. Well, it's cheap.
> North London I'm not sure you'll manage that in, though I've never been
> in the market for anywhere particularly nice or big. But small and
> dingy can be had for £800+ a month...
At the moment, I'm in a cheap, nice 2 1/2 bed terrace in West London -
price is £975/month

Don't forget council tax, which usually comes to around 150/month will
have to be paid on top of rent....
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.
	-- Abraham Lincoln