Help me become a Londoner!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 19 12:37:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:20:34PM +0100, Gianni Ceccarelli wrote:

> - which areas should I be looking around, for a largish (60m²)
>   apartment for under £800/month, within a half-hour commute (by
>   train?) to the centre?

journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk is your friend for figuring out journey times.

Most places out to at least zone 4 are within half an hour of the
centre.

> - is there a no-interest, no-fees, everything-on-the-web bank that can
>   be trusted (at least a bit :) ) with my money?

You'll have to go to a brick-and-mortar branch to open the account, but
Barclays fits the bill, and is the least bankrupt of the big names.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

You don't need to spam good porn