Help me become a Londoner!

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Nov 24 13:42:08 GMT 2009

On 24 Nov 2009, at 12:26, Dermot wrote:
[...]
> Normally I'd agree but apparently according to tfl.gov.uk it will take
> me 24 minutes from w9 to w2 3RL - for Crispy Duck not Dim Sum  - by
> bus and 28mins to walk.

To get a sensible routing, you have to go to "Advanced options" and
uncheck "Bus". Despite offering loads of cookies, the site doesn't
bother to remember that setting.

The default of including busses seems to give way too much emphasis on
catching the infernal things even if they're slower and more expensive
than the Tube (which they usually will be if you have to change). With
busses turned off, it will still offer them if they turn out to be a
vaguely sane option after all.