Bug tracking SaaS

jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Nov 24 20:55:36 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:38:33PM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Denny <2009 at denny.me> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 12:08 -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> >> Any recommendations for online bug tracking tools?
> >> Or, is bugzilla or whatever that easy to set up that I should JFDI?
> >
> > Bugzilla is sadly a bit of a sprawling monstrosity these days, although
> > not that hard to set up iirc.
> >
> > Is RT not suitable?
>
> I didn't see an online version - it's only an installable app right?

We partner with a company that provides RT hosting -
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/hosting/request_tracker.html

> This is kind of a last resort option (not using a Cloud app) to be
> honest.
>
> Paul
>
> PS https://rt.cpan.org not having a CA-issued cert is a bit odd given
> how cheap they are these days. Does Best Practical really need a
> helping hand there?

Only if you can knock heads at .org.  The issue isn't one of cash. It's
one of "the admin and tech contacts for cpan.org point to a dead
address, so we _can't_ get a reasonable SSL certificate as they can't
verify us. (Also, rt.cpan.org is, yes, on what's now a very old version
of RT. That's something that a minion is actively working on).

-j