Bug tracking SaaS

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 21:39:58 GMT 2009

jesse wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:38:33PM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>> PS https://rt.cpan.org not having a CA-issued cert is a bit odd given
>> how cheap they are these days. Does Best Practical really need a
>> helping hand there?
>
> Only if you can knock heads at .org.  The issue isn't one of cash. It's
> one of "the admin and tech contacts for cpan.org point to a dead
> address, so we _can't_ get a reasonable SSL certificate as they can't
> verify us. (Also, rt.cpan.org is, yes, on what's now a very old version
> of RT. That's something that a minion is actively working on).

FWIW, Comodo will provide basic SSL certficates as long as an email to
one of a list of addresses they deem to be acceptable is received & a
link within clicked on.  That list includes the admin/tech contacts for
the domain, but also ssladmin@$hostname, admin@$hostname etc (for
rt.cpan.org, that'd be at either rt.cpan.org or cpan.org).

Presumably, getting such an address to go to someone who can click a
link wouldn't be hard.

At $work we deal with Comodo to offer free SSL certs to our customers;
if anyone is interested in getting a CA-issued cert set up, feel free to
drop me a mail.

Cheers

Dave P