Pre-LPW drinks

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Nov 26 12:38:09 GMT 2009

James Laver wrote:
> If there aren't too many people coming:
> 1. Jerusalem Tavern, Britton Street. Lovely place, a little short on space

Yeah, that's _so_ not going to work on Friday night.

> 2. Ye Olde Mitre, oldest pub in London, off Hatton Garden. Horrible
> toilets and a little short on space

That'd work for me, but it'll be crammed (less so than the JT, but still)..

> If there are:
> 1. Calthorpe, Calthorpe st. Usually quite quiet, just off the green

That'd totally work for me if someone else wants to take responsibility
for the decision :)

This was the plan last year, except they decided that holding a wake at
the same time was a great idea so we ended up bailing with zero notice.
Also they have no room we can reserve...

Also, the food at the Calthorpe is pretty uninspiring IMO, whereas the
KA do very tasty (and very affordable) Thai..

> 2. The Gunmakers (Eyre st. Hill). A suggestion that ought to surprise nobody.

That's already the plan for Saturday though, right?

Whilst I like the Gunmakers, being there two nights in a row doesn't
appeal so much..

Cheers
t0m