Pre-LPW drinks

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Nov 26 14:51:34 GMT 2009

On 26 Nov 2009, at 12:38, Tomas Doran wrote:
> James Laver wrote:
>> If there aren't too many people coming:
>> 1. Jerusalem Tavern, Britton Street. Lovely place, a little short
>> on space
> Yeah, that's _so_ not going to work on Friday night.

They've quite happily allowed me to book the big table for an ASRLon
on a Friday night, without a deposit or charge.

>> 2. Ye Olde Mitre, oldest pub in London, off Hatton Garden. Horrible
>> toilets and a little short on space
> That'd work for me, but it'll be crammed (less so than the JT, but
> still)..

That must be *the* most packed pub in London!

[I know nothing about the Calthorpe.]
>> 2. The Gunmakers (Eyre st. Hill). A suggestion that ought to
>> surprise nobody.
> That's already the plan for Saturday though, right?

Has this actually been booked and paid for yet? They won't open on a
Saturday without somebody stumping up £250.