Sleeping Arrangements

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Mon Dec 7 13:45:47 GMT 2009

2009/12/7 Christopher Taranto <christopher at>:
> On Mon, December 7, 2009 4:35 am, Ovid wrote:
>> A friend writes:
>> We will be in London between January 1st & 5th around a month
>> from now. We were wondering if you had recommendations of reasonably priced
>> accommodations within London proper or within an easy commute on the Tube.
>> Frankly, the only hotel I've stayed at in London was Hotel 55, out in
>> Hangar Lane.  I think he wants something more central.  Can anyone
>> recommend anything?
> The Portland or Clarendon hotels are located in between Bloomsbury Square
> and Russell Square.  I used to stay here for business all of the time and
> are comfortable and fairly inexpensive for their location.

We stayed in the Grange Holborn, and were pretty happy with it - bit
of a walk into the west end (or hop onto central line, or a bus), but
Holborn is nice, especially at weekends when most of the city workers
are away, decent food, a reasonable "central-style" supermarket and
close to covent garden too.

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons