Monads are like burritos

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 11:27:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> The food court in Westfield can be best described as hell, especially this
> close to Christmas. The outside eating is better, although there are
> occasional long queues in some of the places. Between Wahaca and Balans you
> can normally get a table without waiting.

Wahaca was pretty packed the other lunchtime, but it's just really
very good, so not hard to see why. The foodhall is especially
irritatingly full, and probably will be until after the January Sales.

> It is also worth noting that Bamboo House on Wood Lane now does dim sum, and
> is easily the best Chinese restaurant for miles around. I'll give it eleven
> out of ten.

It's probably the best chinese restaurant in London. Not amazingly
cheap, but actually genuinely authentic (not 'british authentic').

> (The Shepherd's Bush area is a rather good place for foodies on a budget to
> visit once you look past the endless dodgy fast food joints littering the
> place.)

Kebab Chicken Pizza Fish or Falafel Chicken Kebab Pizza? Everywhere in
W12 seems to offer multiple styles of crap food. I've got a list of
favourite places around there to eat though. Here are some of the
picks outside of westfield

- Bamboo House (Chinese) -- best in london. Wood Lane.
- Esearn Kheaw (Thai) -- best in london. Uxbridge Road.
- Tatra (Polish) -- excellent, and very meaty. vegetarians steer
clear. Goldhawk Road.
- Patio (Polish) -- feels like a grandma's living room and does the
best borscht. Goldhawk Road.
- Abu Zaad (Syrian) -- very good Mezze. Uxbridge Road.
- Mr Falafel (Palestinian) -- Really good falafel wraps. New Shepherds
Bush Market.
- Ochi -- Second best Jerk Chicken in London

--James