Brazilian PM looking for a job in London area

Paul Makepeace paulm at
Mon Jan 11 16:16:55 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at> wrote:
> On 11 Jan 2010, at 13:46, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
>> 2010/1/11 Dave Cross <dave at>:
>>> Yeah. That's _exactly_ the best way to make a non-native English speaker
>>> feel welcome. Thanks for your input.
>> To be honest, I didn't see much wrong with the initial email. On
>> looking again, there are some .... idiosyncrasies....
>> The fact that I didn't notice them on first reading is a definite sign
>> that I've been working with the Dutch for too long.....
> The beauty of English is that it can be dealt with idiosyncratically
> and still make sense.

I think that's more a property of language than English specifically.
I'd be curious to hear of any language where grammar/idiom errors
suddenly render it incomprehensible.

> I've worked in Holland, France, Germany and now have lots of Taiwanese
> friends and it's been...interesting :)

Because you keep insisting how Great Britain is? ;-)