Pig and pub! (Emergency social called for)

Edmund von der Burg edmund.vonderburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:41:23 GMT 2010

2010/1/18 Piers Cawley <pdcawley-london.0dd185 at bofh.org.uk>:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM, LesleyB  <lesleyb at herlug.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Don't you guys eat those?
>>>
>>> « Dans le cochon, tout est bon. »
>> The average house may well not have an oven/hob large enough and I don't have any
>> recipes.  Does anyone else?
>
> You don't have a copy of Fergus Henderson's 'Nose to Tail Eating'? The
> recipe in there for Pig's head salad looks pretty good, and the recipe
> in the followup for roasting half a pig's head as the perfect romatic
> dinner for two is, according to my brother and his wife, absolutely
> delicious.

That is an excellent book - as is Hugh Fearnley-Whippingboy's 'Meat' book.

One recipe that would be good is brawn - taking advantage of the huge
amounts of gelatine present.

For those with less than industrial catering facilities the heads can
be quartered to fit even the most modest pan.

Go on you lot - it's only a fiver :)

Cheers,
  Edmund.