Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Jan 27 12:42:00 GMT 2010
Hi. Does anybody know a way of making the TFL Journey Planner show the
best route between two places only on transport which has the normal
For travelling from Zone 1 to hotels near Stockley Park it keeps sending
me on the Heathrows Express or Connect to Heathrow Airport, both of
which incur additional charges unrelated to the zone they look like
I tried restricting it to journeys through Hayes & Harlington, but that
only makes the situation worse -- here's a route it's just suggested:
* Start at Paddington.
* Catch the Heathrow Express, towards Heathrow Terminal 5.
* But actually alight at Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3.
* Catch the Heathrow Connect that's heading back towards Paddington.
* Call at Hayes & Harlington (but stay on the train).
* Alight at Ealing Broadway.
* Dictrict Liine to Acton Town.
* Piccadilly Line to Heathrow Terminal 5.
* Walk 26 minutes to the hotel.
Technically that meets my requirements, but wasn't _precisely_ what I
had in mind ...
More information about the london.pm