Journey Planner

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:38:04 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
> Hi.  Does anybody know a way of making the TFL Journey Planner show the
> best route between two places only on transport which has the normal
> zone-based billing?
>
> For travelling from Zone 1 to hotels near Stockley Park it keeps sending
> me on the Heathrows Express or Connect to Heathrow Airport, both of
> which incur additional charges unrelated to the zone they look like
> they're in.
>
> I tried restricting it to journeys through Hayes & Harlington, but that
> only makes the situation worse -- here's a route it's just suggested:

The heathrow connect does not incur additional charges afaia, i've
taken it on a one-way train ticket. If you're using oyster PAYG, there
are additional national rail fares of course.

The journey planner is dumb and can't do this AFAIA, but i'd take the
connect to hayes and harlington, go outside, cross the road and wait
for a bus to uxbridge if i were you. (or spend forever on the
metropolitan/piccadilly lines getting direct to uxbridge and then take
a bus from there.

I've often found it useful to look on google maps, pick out the
nearest station to my destination and tell it to go there and then
seperately plot the route from the last station to the destination (so
that it picks up buses).

--James