2 depend or not 2 depend

Dave Webb dave+london.pm at star.lovefilm.com
Thu Feb 4 18:17:51 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 04/02/10 17:46, Paulo Edgar Castro wrote:
> Long story short as I think I'm making a bit of a mess with the question...
> We want to install all the 148 modules with the exact version number of
> what we currently have installed. Preferably we want to install
> everything exactly as we have.
> Possible solutions:
> a)
> * Get a listing of all the modules installed in the system
> * Try to mirror that list using our own bastard version of CPAN with
> cpansite ?

We do something similar here at $work, but it is a bit of a hassle to administer. So one of the devs is converting all the modules we use to RPMs, so we can install (and uninstall) more easily. It should also makes it a lot easier to test things like new perl versions, 32-/64-bit etc.

With regards,

Dave Webb
--
Tech Guy - LOVEFiLM.com

LOVEFiLM UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number: 06528297.
Registered Office: No.9, 6 Portal Way, London W3 6RU, United Kingdom.

This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk