Looking for a Perl development position in London

Philip Potter philip.g.potter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:03:43 GMT 2010

On 4 February 2010 16:58, Philip Potter <philip.g.potter at gmail.com> wrote:
> get pregnant. I don't know. What I want to see is some real data
> showing what the difference in cost is to hire a woman of childbearing
> age who may or may not have any plans for getting pregnant, compared
> to hiring a woman who one knows for sure won't get pregnant. Without
> that data, you cannot make a proper informed decision, just an
> ill-informed prejudice.

Incidentally, I have just found this from a quick google scholar:

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2118071

haven't read the whole thing, but the abstract suggests that giving
women maternity benefits just means companies will pay them less wages
to balance things out, and does little to encourage more women to
work. Interesting.

Phil