Looking for a Perl development position in London

Denny 2010 at denny.me
Thu Feb 4 17:04:37 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 16:29 +0000, Raphael Mankin wrote:
> It's 9 months of full salary more expensive to hire a woman who gets
> pregnant, takes her full maternity leave and then decides not to return
> to work.

The government is in the process of making it possible for the maternity
and paternity leave allowances to be more evenly divided between
parents, so this gender-imbalance is on its way out.

Next employers will have to discriminate against anyone in the right age
range to have a child, I guess.  Except that's unlikely to happen in
practise, as it would affect men more than women.