Fun Friday afternoon topic: domain name disputes

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Fri Feb 5 13:46:22 GMT 2010

On 5 February 2010 13:29, mirod <mirod at xmltwig.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what she can do about it though. It seems like the only
> solution
> is to go to court, and there have been very few cases that went to trial.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on the course of action that might best get
> results? I fully understand that not everyone here is a lawyer (and the ones
> who
> are probably wouldn't admit it ;--), but maybe someone has been in that
> situation before.

I work for a domain registry.

Our default policy on this sort of thing is to encourage the two
parties involved to resolve the dispute themselves.
If they can't do this, they're free to and fight at WIPO - who are
very very slow to do anything.
--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.