On-topic: HTML/JS help please

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:17:07 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> Then it won't work, because in the case of very large trees, I want the
> user to be able to collapse arbitrary sub-trees, which are nested.  And
> putting another table in would reset all the column widths and screw up
> the display.

An easy (albeit hacky) way to do it would be when you're dumping the
table to the page from your perl, for each nested level, generate a
classname such as tree-depth-<n>. Your javascript can parse that out
and use that to determine nesting.

To do it correctly, you're going to have to consider restructuring
your markup somewhat.