On-topic: HTML/JS help please

mirod mirod at xmltwig.com
Fri Feb 5 15:30:03 GMT 2010

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 03:01:32PM +0000, James Laver wrote:
>>> Can you have multiple <tbody>s in a table, and can they nest?
>> Yes, no. To have tbodys inside a tbody would require another table.
>
> Then it won't work, because in the case of very large trees, I want the
> user to be able to collapse arbitrary sub-trees, which are nested.  And
> putting another table in would reset all the column widths and screw up
> the display.

Something like this? http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/detailed_index_s.html

The code maybe a bit more complicated that what you want because the state is
saved in a cookie (the tree is small enough that the cookie remains within the
4K maximum size).

It uses nested tables and in order not to screw up the table uses colspans (as
far as I remember, I wrote this a while back).

Feel free to reuse if you want.

--
mirod