[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers April social

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Mar 18 13:19:36 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:03:48PM +0000, Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> 2010/3/18 David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>:
> > The April social meet will be on Thursday the 1st (that's two weeks
> > time) at the Balham Bowls Club:
> >  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Balham_Bowls_Club,_SW12_8QX
> >
> > It's a lovely pub, within spitting distance of the Northern line and BR
> > station.  I hope to see you all there!
>
> <spoiler>
> It seems only fair to warn people unfamiliar with London.pm that this
> is an April's fool joke. No doubt if you showed up the pub would be
> lovely but probably also empty. Or knowing Dave most likely hosting a
> PHP or Ruby social.

Heresy!

> The claim that this is the one true meeting is the obvious give-away.

Heresy, I tell you.

Based on previous experience, there are likely to be 3 to 9 people,
and Perl will be as on-topic as any other meeting*

It's unlikely to get to the 32 we had at the Royal Oak a few years back,
which I think bettered the attendance of the meeting on the 8th.

(Poor poor pub. It ran out of beer. Admittedly with a little help from our
friends, specifically the local CAMRA meeting, and a goth sluts meeting)

Nicholas Clark

* which is about as much as it's mentioned on this list.