Cheap places in central London?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Tue May 4 19:28:36 BST 2010

Philip Potter writes:

> On 4 May 2010 17:16, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
>
> > The YHA place next to St Paul's Cathedral:
> > http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london-st-pauls/facilities.aspx
> >
> > I was really surprised by how good it is when I stayed there a few
> > months ago (somebody else picked the accommodation), as well as
> > being low-cost. In particular it corrected several of my
> > misconceptions about youth hostels:
> >
> > * You don't have to share a big dorm with people you've never met; there
> >  are rooms available for small groups to have exclusive use of.
>
> This depends on the hostel; best to phone and ask. Some I've stayed in
> have double rooms with lockable doors, while others only have big
> dorms.

For the avoidance of doubt, it was the St Paul's hostel in central
London that I stayed at and that particular hostel I am specifically
recommending to Ovid's friends. The above URL lists how many rooms it
has with how many beds.

> Also
>  * Many youth hostels sell alcohol these days
>  * Many youth hostels sell hot meals, you don't have to self-cater
> though again phone and check with the particalur hostel.

Yes, both of those apply to London St Paul's too.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2