Emergency Social - this Friday, Shooting Star

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon May 10 21:28:11 BST 2010

This Friday, Philippe "BooK" Bruhat and his wife are in London, with the only
evening free of their entire trip. Clearly this is an emergency.

Hence we will be going to the Shooting Star, near Liverpool Street:

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Shooting_Star,_E1_7JF

from about 18:30, as it is not far from where they are staying.

The pub does food (and beer, obviously), so the plan A is to be like a
routine emergency and eat there. However, I'm not quite sure how this will
pan out (as it's a Friday, and like every other decent pub it will be busy)
so if possible, if you're likely to arrive after about 19:30, could you tell
me off list, in case we decide we really need to adopt a plan B of eating
elsewhere. (I prefer plan A. Plan A is simpler. Plan A has a pie menu.)

Nicholas Clark