Help needed debugging on Windows

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Sat May 29 21:26:31 BST 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 22:05:03 +0200, Cosimo Streppone <cosimo at streppone.it>
wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:54:11 +0200, David Cantrell
> <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I got this failure report from a Windows user:
>>
>> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/6977299
>
> Hi David,

Some more details...

> 1) pl2bat.bat is not prefixed with the INST_BIN path.

Yes.

> 2) Even if I manually run c:\strawberry\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat on the pg2pdb
>     script, I don't see the shebang line changed.

I was looking at pg2pdb, while pl2bat generates a "pg2pdb.bat".
BUT... that doesn't have the correct perl either. Don't know why yet.

Maybe because it finds a perl in the PATH, and uses that one.
But I have to double check this.

> 3) If pl2bat is the one changing the shebang, it'd change the script
>     in blib/script/pg2pdb, not bin/pg2pdb, so your test script t/all.t
>     should perhaps invoke blib/script/pg2pdb ? I refuse to believe this.
>     Would be too messy... :)

Yes, too messy. But your test script has to invoke bin\pg2pdb.bat,
so if it's MSWin32 you have to append a ".bat".
Maybe there's something in %Config for this?

--
Cosimo