Help needed debugging on Windows
cosimo at streppone.it
Sat May 29 21:05:03 BST 2010
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:54:11 +0200, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>
> I got this failure report from a Windows user:
> which is very odd. It's complaining that one of my pre-requisites is
> missing, but it's listed correctly in META.yml and Makefile.PL, *and* is
> correctly picked up for some of the tests. It only appears to fail when
> testing a script bundled with the module. Can EU::MM be writing the
> wrong #! line (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) into the script?
I can reproduce this exact problem in my Windows environment.
I think this problem happens when:
- there's at least 2 different perl interpreters installed
- You're trying to install your module for a perl that's
not the one in the default path
I'm seeing at least 2 different problems, maybe 3:
1) pl2bat.bat is not prefixed with the INST_BIN path.
In my case, instead of invoking "c:\strawberry\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat"
the Makefile is invoking "pl2bat.bat", which happens to be the one
That is a completely different beast.
2) Even if I manually run c:\strawberry\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat on the pg2pdb
script, I don't see the shebang line changed.
3) If pl2bat is the one changing the shebang, it'd change the script
in blib/script/pg2pdb, not bin/pg2pdb, so your test script t/all.t
should perhaps invoke blib/script/pg2pdb ? I refuse to believe this.
Would be too messy... :)
I'll try to investigate a bit more...
More information about the london.pm