Help needed debugging on Windows

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Sat May 29 21:05:03 BST 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:54:11 +0200, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>
wrote:

> I got this failure report from a Windows user:
>
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/6977299
>
> which is very odd.  It's complaining that one of my pre-requisites is
> missing, but it's listed correctly in META.yml and Makefile.PL, *and* is
> correctly picked up for some of the tests.  It only appears to fail when
> testing a script bundled with the module.  Can EU::MM be writing the
> wrong #! line (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) into the script?

Hi David,

I can reproduce this exact problem in my Windows environment.
I think this problem happens when:

- there's at least 2 different perl interpreters installed
- You're trying to install your module for a perl that's
   not the one in the default path

I'm seeing at least 2 different problems, maybe 3:

1) pl2bat.bat is not prefixed with the INST_BIN path.
    In my case, instead of invoking "c:\strawberry\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat"
    the Makefile is invoking "pl2bat.bat", which happens to be the one
    in "c:\dev\perl510\bin\pl2bat.bat".
    That is a completely different beast.

2) Even if I manually run c:\strawberry\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat on the pg2pdb
    script, I don't see the shebang line changed.

3) If pl2bat is the one changing the shebang, it'd change the script
    in blib/script/pg2pdb, not bin/pg2pdb, so your test script t/all.t
    should perhaps invoke blib/script/pg2pdb ? I refuse to believe this.
    Would be too messy... :)

I'll try to investigate a bit more...

--
Cosimo