Stand up comedy

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at virgin.net
Fri Jun 11 15:54:29 BST 2010

Nicholas Clark wrote:
> During the beer track at the German Perl Workshop, I was asked
> "what's a good place to go to in London for an evening of stand up comedy?"
> and I had no clue.

There's The Comedy Store, if you can get tickets. There's often a queue
down the street before the doors open on Saturday evening.

http://www.thecomedystore.co.uk/

There are often stand-up shows on a the Leicester Square theatre too.

http://www.leicestersquaretheatre.com/

In fact, if you walk around Leicester Square for ten minutes or so
you'll probably be handed half-a-dozen flyers for comedy clubs, although
I can't speak for the quality.

Matt