Broadband and webcam tedium

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Sat Jun 12 11:00:59 BST 2010

Sorry that this isn't really a direct answer to your question:

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 10:13:56AM +0100, Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> Like a fool I offered to sort out my parents-in-law with a skype
> connection so that they could coo at the baby remotely.

> As for the webcam is there a good brand that I can plug in and that
> will then just bloody work? I hear that Apple do a rather good one
> that comes with a computer etc attached but that is a touch pricey**.

> ** It also doesn't come with any software to install or stickers to
> peel off which is worth lots to me.

You realise that this way you would be depriving the baby of hours of future
fun, attempting to peel off the valuable* sticker that represents the only
record of a legitimate copy of Windows.

Nicholas Clark

* I believe I have it exactly semantically right here. You and I may both feel
  that Windows has no worth, but independent of that it does have a value,
  which is the price that MS would charge to get a replacement copy.