YAPC Pisa

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Jul 8 14:43:21 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 01:49:33PM +0100, Dan Rowles wrote:
> A quick google for "one time credit card number" seems to suggest that
> PayPal offer one-use-only credit card numbers. No idea if that's
> actually true, but might be worth a look....

No idea either about them either, but I know that Neteller offer it on the
card associated with their wallet*. The technology exists, and is licensable.

It's just a shame that banks fail to use it, and instead concentrate on
shams and scams such as 3D Insecure and claiming that Chip and Pin is
infallible.

Nicholas Clark

* I know this because they happen to own the company that I work for.
  But I don't have one of their wallets, so I can't offer any opinion on the
  product, biased or unbiased.