learning / training in java perl programmer?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:32:48 BST 2010

On 31 July 2010 19:05, Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> can anybody recommend some good online/offline java introductions?
>>
>> I'm rather hoping I can get a scjp in my spare time over a couple of
>> weeks on my own and then make a start on a proper trainging course
>> after that.
> So, basically saying, SCJP can be a good thing to have, especially as
> a stepping-stone towards SCJD, but learning for SCJP won't necessarily
> be a good introduction to *developing with Java* (as opposed to
> learning about the Java compiler and the runtime environment, for
> which is probably *is* a good introdcution).

That's about it, I was thinking I can bootstrap myself through the
SCJP, and then invest serious time and money on the SCJD, possibly as
part pof a new job (which is why I'm learning Java - lots of jobs
using both or asking for at least 2 languages)

I'm ordering head first java, mr bunny and effective java books in a
minute and reading online tutorials and getting familiar with eclipse
this weekend.

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk