Facebook apps

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 20:53:06 BST 2010

On 6 Aug 2010, at 18:59, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I did not dig too deep - but after trying out some examples it seems
>>> that  WWW::Facebook::API does not work with the current Facebook API
>>> (i.e. what was announced as the graph api).
>>
>> Seems to do what I want so far, even if I have to do my own graphing :)
>>

> Hmm - do you use the authentication in a web app?  I've already
> described it in this thread - get_fb_params does not work for me
> (returns nothing - even though
> Facebook is sending some data to my script).

Yes, it bounced through a browser. seems odd, surely an LWP transaction
would do the job?

Anyhow:

use WWW::Facebook::API;

my $client = WWW::Facebook::API->new(
    desktop => 1,
    throw_errors   => 1,
    api_key => 'xxx',
    secret => 'yyy',
);

my $token = $client->auth->login( sleep => 20 );
$client->auth->get_session( $token );

Is adequate to start making API calls.