Need a CRUD thing

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:42:42 BST 2010

On 26/08/2010, at 12:59 AM, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:

> David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 03:12:29PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
>>
>>> Oh look, I misunderstood the question and made a fool of myself on the
>>> list.  But it's also not a "tiny script" as it has lots of
>>> dependencies.
>>
>> Dependencies I don't care about - the computer can take care of those
>> for me.  I just don't want to have to write any code to glue all the
>> dependencies together.  So, provided that it's CGI-friendly, AutoCRUD
>> looks like a good candidate.
>
> You _really_ don't want to run Catalyst (especially not 5.80 with all
> the Moose stuff) without a persistent process model.  Doubly so if
> you're using DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader in dynamic mode, like you
> indicated you'd like to in another post.

Don't run Catalyst under CGI.  However if it's your own web server, rather than crappy shared hosting it's trivial to run the catalyst dev server (maybe using Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::Prefork[1]) and reverse proxying it to your web server.  If it's crappy shared hosting, use phpmyadmin instead (or work out how to configure fastcgi)

[1] Yes, I know there are newer, sexier plackier ways of running a catalyst app, but this wfm.