Running your own mini-cpan or other repos

David Cantrell david at
Tue Aug 31 14:08:18 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:00:07PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> I'm working on a "smart mirror" catalyst web application and was
> wondering how many people use their own repos, mirrors and mini-cpans
> to get an idea of usage etc and if people would pay for somebody else
> to provide something like that for them?

Why would anyone pay someone for a CPAN mirror when there are all the
free ones?

Also, why would you use Catalyst for what boils down to a really simple
website from which users download static content?

David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"