Running your own mini-cpan or other repos

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Tue Aug 31 14:45:46 BST 2010

On 29 August 2010 22:01, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 August 2010 22:00, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm working on a "smart mirror" catalyst web application and was
>> wondering how many people use their own repos, mirrors and mini-cpans
>> to get an idea of usage etc and if people would pay for somebody else
>> to provide something like that for them?

At $work we run our own mirror + our own Debian repo so we can
control/manage updates.

We're moving to using CPAN::Mini with the whole structure in git so we
can always roll back if we want.

We use CPAN::Mini::Inject to add our own packages.

If we wanted a web interface we'd use CPAN::Mini::Webserver

We then install from our CPAN::Mini into a local::lib dir (which again
is in git so can be rolled back) and rsync that out to machines.

I wouldn't want someone else managing this.

Leo